Re: Sequential build of libjava

%% Brad Lucier <lucier@math.purdue.edu> writes:

  bl> OK, so what can be done at build invocation time to get this right?

I think we've already given all the options.

The only thing that can be done within the makefile is to stop "hiding"
of $(MAKE) within the MULTIDO variable and instead bring $(MAKE) right
out into the rule, as has already been discussed.  So instead of:

  MULTIDO = $(MAKE)

  ... : ...
        $(MULTIDO) ...

you'd have to avoid MULTIDO and write the makefile as:

  ... : ...
        $(MAKE) ...

Someone already mentioned that if you know you're using GNU make you can
fix this problem on the invocation by doing something like:

  $ make MULTIDO='+$(MAKE)'

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@gnu.org>          Find some GNU make tips at: