Re: Upgrade now ?

Thanks for your answer, this is about what I was looking for,

> It depends on what you want ?  C, C++, Java .... Linux, solaris, cygwin
> ... ?

Sorry for beeing vague, I am running Linux and KDE, so I need a working
C and C++.

> 3.2 is a slower compiler (imho) and when we're doing optimized builds it
> can take a while the 2.xx compilers I seem to recollect as being much
> faster.  The project is not so big as this makes too much of a difference.

That is something I don't want. What about the generated code
for C and C++, slower or faster ?

> 4. Not in C++ they won't and why do you care so much.

I care, because I do NOT want to recompile all the Qt and KDE stuff,
especially not if the compiler is slower.
By time this would be solved as new versions of the compiled software
are installed, but I definitely don't want to do everything in a batch.

Thanks

--
Dag Nygren                               email: dag@newtech.fi
Oy Espoon NewTech Ab                     phone: +358 9 8024910