Re: successful build

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 08:21:55AM -0500, John Griessen wrote:
> [root@carbide gcc3]# /download/gcc-3.2/config.guess
> i686-pc-linux-gnu
> [root@carbide gcc3]# gcc -v
> Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/specs
> Configured with: /download/gcc-3.2/configure  : (reconfigured)
> /download/gcc-3.2/configure --enable-languages=c,c++,java,objc
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.2
> [root@carbide gcc3]# cat /etc/issue
>
> Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla)
> Kernel 2.4.18-3 on an i686
>
> [root@carbide gcc3]# rpm -q glibc
> glibc-2.2.90-23

Thanks!  Your message is linked from the GCC 3.2 build status list at
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.2/buildstat.html.

> ======================================
> For redhat 7.3 there are conflicts with removing tcl rpm, and I was unsure of
> how to have one rpm version and one source version, and the build of dejagnu
> could not detect the presence of the redhat versions, and I could not figure
> out the library locations yet, so no testing.
>
> How do you tell expect src build, or dejagnu where the tcl and expect
> libraries are  for redhat?  It assumes your tcl is source and no instructions
> for rpm package.....  gave up, may get newer rpms tcl, expect, and try
> dejagnu again....
> set shows:
> TCL_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/tcl8.3
> DEJAGNULIBS=/usr/local/share/dejagnu

Builds of tcl and expect allow specifying --prefix=<install location>.
You can put them wherever you want, then set up your PATH, TCL_LIBRARY,
and DEJAGNULIBS to specify where to look for them when running the
tests.

If you're using the installed tools, make sure the bin directory
containing expect and runtest is in your PATH, and set up TCL_LIBRARY
and DEJAGNULIBS appropriately.  I don't know where Red Hat installs
them.

Janis

Janis