Re: Building LyX 1.2.0 on HP-UX 11.11 with G++ 3.2

In message <200208222245.g7MMjAXl007183@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>, "John David Anglin
" writes:
 >> But the primary symbol had to be a normal symbol with the underscore
 >> prefix *and* with external scope.  The external scope restriction
 >> is what killed using secondary definitions to emulate weak definitions.
 >
 >It's not obvious that the primary needs to be external.  I am looking
 >at map_secondary_to_primary in fixups.c.  If it needs to be external,
 >could it be hidden?
I hadn't thought about trying to tweak the hidden bit for the primary.
It's definitely worth a try -- the lack of weak symbol support is a major
problem on this platform so it's worth some effort to try and make
secondary definitions act like weak symbols.

Jeff