Re: Where is DOWNLOAD???

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 10:55:10PM +0200, Igor Tolstik wrote:

>                                 ******   ******
>                    ****** Sorry! Where is DOWNLOAD??? ******
>                                 ******   ******
>                ****** GCC: Anonymous read-only CVS access ******

I am guessing that you got here from the first link on
http://gcc.gnu.org/releases.html -

  Apart from providing our [sources by means of CVS] we also make source
  code for our releases available for FTP download from our [mirror
  sites.]

(Text in square brackets is a hyperlink.)  I can see how you would be
confused.  Anyhow, you will find what you are looking for at the
second link, [mirror sites].  We have several mirrors in Germany for
your convenience.

Please take note of the next paragraph:

  Important: because these are source releases, they will be of little
  use to you if you do not already have a C compiler on your machine. If
  you don't already have a compiler, you need pre-compiled binaries.

zw