Re: Symbol debug information

yOn Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Paul Brook wrote:

> I'm currently working on the Fortran95 frontend for GCC
> (g95.sourceforge.net), and don't seem to be able to create debugging
> information for variables.
>
> Line number information, and symbol information for function parameters
> works OK, just not VAR_DECLs.

Function level variables are output when we output debug info for the
function_decl.

This, in turn, is called from rest_of_decl_compilation, which is called
from various places in c-decl.c, ada/utils.c, etc.

Make sure it's getting called.
If it is, then make sure the VAR_DECL's have TREE_USED set.
In particular, make sure the ones you want output aren't
"DECL_EXTERNAL (decl) && !TREE_USED (decl))".
--Dan