Re: multilib support in libiberty

On Monday 12 August 2002 05:38 pm, Sean McNeil wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> but then it goes into the main libiberty directory and starts to compile
> directly in there instead of the subdir MIPS64gnule as it should:

During my battles last week with understanding the gCC makefile, I noticed
that it tries to build libiberty for nearly any possible command.

Sorry, I don't have a fix (yet) - but the problem is more general.  (Usually,
the "build" machine compiler will need libiberty; and the "host" machine
perhaps; and the "target" machine maybe.)

For your example (a simple cross compiler "Build" == "Host", "Target" ==
different) - What you see may be the building of libiberty for the Build/Host
system.

Mike