Re: automatic bootstrap failure notification

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 08:56:13AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 02:05:22PM +0200, Robert Schiele wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > as some may have already noticed, I am sending the results of the
> > regression tests after successful bootstrap processes to
> > gcc-testresults from my automatic build system for some time now.
> >
> > I am currently adding a feature to this build system that allows
> > sending automatic notification messages with some relevant information
> > when bootstraping fails.
> >
> > Would sending such messages to gcc-testresults be welcome or would
> > such messages be seen as annoying?
>
> What are you bootstrapping on?  There is already a regression tester
> covering i686-pc-linux-gnu, which nags committers off-list (and the
> gcc-regression list created for that purpose).

I am currently doing nightly builds of both gcc-3_2-branch and cvs
head for the following systems:

i486-suse-linux
sparc-suse-linux
sparc-sun-solaris2.8
sparc64-sun-solaris2.8

Although one combination (sparc64-sun-solaris2.8 on cvs head) does not
do regression tests, as dejagnu is currently not availlable on this
machine for some reasons.

The stuff I intended to send to the list was not a detailled analysis
of the regressions, but a message that the bootstrap process fails on
platform x-y-z with configure options --bar --foo, the last 100 lines
of output and a link to the full build results. Just something similar
I did manually in messages like
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-08/msg00191.html. If gcc@gcc.gnu.org or
some other list is more appropriate, I could also send those messages
there instead.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517