Re: onlinedocs/gcc/Index.html and index.html clash

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:
> trying to copy the HTML manual - http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/ -
> for someone to use on a non-networked win32 box, I noticed a problem:
> there are two different files named index.html and Index.html.  While
> not a problem on a case-sensitive Unix filesystem, Windows filesystems
> are case-insensitive so one of these two files gets overwritten.

I investitaged, and noticed that index.html is the one which you "usually"
have on a webserver, while Index.html is the alphabetical document index.

> Would it be possible to rename Index.html (uppercase 'I') so it will
> not clash, and update all links to that file?

Joseph, do you seen any possibility? "Index.html" looks like a bad choice
to me, but propobably one needs to hack makeinfo or contact the authors to
address this?

Gerald