Re: libgcc_s, Linux, and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, and binutils

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 11:22:27AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > What's so hard on upgrading glibc?
>
> I don't think requiring users who want a feature of the newer compiler
> to upgrade their core system library is really justified.  And on older
> OS versions, or on a self-built system, it's a pretty nervous process.

Fine, but it should be made clear to them that they might have trouble
running g++ 3.2 compiled applications built by others.
Something like glibc configury which, unless --disable-sanity-checks
is given to configure, exists with error if the result would not be binary
compatible with others (such as trying to build without linuxthreads
on linux).

	Jakub