managed C++ compiler for Mono ?

Hi GCC-Team!

Is it possible, that you extend the C++-compiler with .net-Features or creating a second C++-compiler which is the same like g++ with some .net-extensions?

The MSC++.net Compiler have some interesting features. You can mix with it native and .net code.

At first I thought that the MSC++.net-Compiler are two compilers. Which I have written here:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2002-July/001202.html

But the best comment for this comes from Serge, who have shown an example of a program, which have mixed code of using ANSI-C++-libraries and .net-libraries.
Look at his comments at
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2002-July/001207.html
and
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2002-July/001209.html

After that I found it so interesting, that I ask, how a compiler like this must look on mono:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2002-July/001225.html

The answer of Miguel (the mono-project-leader) was, that its the best, if the Compiler is the g++ with .net-extensions:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/mono-list/2002-August/001233.html

So, is it possible (or already planed) to create a "managed C++" comnpiler? A Compiler which have the .net-features of the MSC++.net-Compiler, but which used Mono as .net-runtime?

For this I think, it is better, if both projects (GCC and Mono) work together on a compiler like this.
So, it would be nice, if you write your answers to the Mono-list at mono-list@ximian.com , too.

Greatings
Freddy BL

Testen Sie MSN Messenger für Ihren Online-Chat mit Freunden: http://messenger.msn.de