Re: gcc 3.3

Mark Mitchell wrote:

> > PR 7442 submitted today reports more C++ ABI issues.  This one covers
> > problems with the cxxabi.h file.
>
> This is a library ABI issue, but not a compiler ABI issue.  (Just so that
> everyone understands that.)  And, it's not even clear to me that the ABI
> committee meant the names of those fields to be normative.  On the other
No I don't think we meant them to be so. And it is certainly permissible
for an implementation to use different (virtual) member functions to
implement the catch & dynamic cast machinery. So (a) the vtables
must only be emitted by the compiler building the runtime, and (b)
a user cannot derived from those classes.

nathan

--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'