[tree-ssa] Array accesses

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 09:05:11AM -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
> The problem is pointer arithmetic.  The parser turns offsets into byte offsets.

Sorry for redundancies, but I'd like to reiterate my question:
is this a bug in the parser (that should be fixed)?

I think that it would be simpler to deal with exact array accessors
rather than pointer arithmetics in the optimizer.

A possible work-around solution is to work with byte offsets and expect the analyzer
to promote them into higher structures (arrays with array accessors) for those that
are candidates for optimization.

-- Sebastian