Re: weird error from binary gcc-2.95.3-sol8-sparc-local

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Richard Pfeiffer wrote:
> Downloaded binary version
> gcc-2.95.3-sol8-sparc-local.gz off your site, did
> a gunzip, chmod and at first had renamed it gcc.
> Made sure I was on a 2.8 machine using uname -a.
> Tried a few times but still just get the
> following.  Am I missing a step?

Sorry, but I can guarantee that you have *not* downloaded this from
our site.

As http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html says:

  Please note that we did not create these binaries, nor do we support them.
  If you have any problems installing them, please contact theirmakers.

The problem in your case is that you didn't install the binary properly
(probably you need to 'tar -xf' it), but please do contact those who
really provided the binary package for support.

Gerald