ggc_del_root

I see that ggc_del_root is gone as part of the gengtype conversion.

I don't see, now, how to introduce GC roots for a limited period of
time.  You can, of course, keep some global list of things and mark
that for gengtype.  But the last thing we want to do is create more
global variables.

Concretely, what I want to do is:

  x = new_something ();
  ggc_add_root (x);
  /* Long-running computation involving x. */
  gcc_del_root (x);

Do you have any objection if I restore this entry point?

If you do object, what do you suggest I do instead?

Thanks,