Re: Public History of the GCC project

> Also I need to get the archived pre 1997, where stallman was doing alot
> of work alone. Only geocrawler has that.

As I said, the development list was private for most of the 90s, there is
no publicly available record.  Membership in the development list was by
invitation only, the location of the gcc snapshots was secret (with nasty
messages threatening to ban any developer who revealed the location to the
public).  This was one of the issues in the egcs/gcc split.