Re: GCL as gcc front end?

> From: Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>
> To: gcc@gnu.org, gcl-deve@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:09:51 -0400

> I was wondering about the prospects of eventually including gcl as a
> supported front-end to the gcc suite of compilers.

Good I would say.

> What would it take?

Well, you'd have to review the features that the gcc backend brings to
compiled languages and understand what it does and doesn't do, map
that to what you need done, and see what is left over.  If there is
little left over, your work will be easier.

I would hope that gcc can offer so much that the missing bits would be
a reasonable amount of work to fit in.

I can just see it now, a frontend in lisp.  Might be nice to recode
some of the other frontends into lisp!  :-)