Re: Creating a tag

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, David Edelsohn wrote:

> 	I believe that part of the problem is the time it takes to do CVS
> operations on the branches.  I have been encountering lengthy delays doing
> any CVS operations as well.  This is just another example of the GCC CVS
> repository becoming ineffective for GCC development.

Can't we remove (using the admin command or direct RCS operations) old,
dead, branches, that have been merged tot he mainline and contain *no*
code that is useful anymore?
If we are concerned about deleting these branches entirely, can't we
extract the revisions and create an archive CVS repository for the sake of
historical access, and move these old, dead, branches there?

I'm not talking about branches like the dfa-branch, i'm talking about
things like the subreg-byte branch.
Or the new pii scheduler branch.
etc