Re: GCC 3.2 Status

> Stage 1 for the GCC 3.2 release was supposed to end on June 15th -- but
> I neglected to remind people of that fact.
>
> Therefore, we'll have a one-week extension of Stage 1 -- through June 22nd.
> (Stage 2, however, will still end on August 15th; we will shorten Stage 2
> by one week.)

Richard,
concerning the cfg branch, last part I would consider profitable to merge into 3.2 are the
double test conversion and loop unrolling/peeling pass.  The relevant patches are:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-06/msg01130.html  - cfg merge part 24 - real datastructure for dominance information.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-06/msg00336.html  - cfg merge part 23 - simple loop analysis code
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-06/msg00026.html  - CFG merge part 21 - double test conversion pass

The simple loop analysis needs updating, as Zdenek did some optimizations.  I
am leaving this sunday, so this needs to happen before that or I guess Zdenek
can do the job.  In case the merging won't happen, I will maintain the branch
for 3.3.  It would be nice to get at least the dominance datastructure in, as
the patch is very noisy and it makes updating of branch dificult.

Remaining bits are DWARF2 location lists + variable tracking pass that I guess
can wait until GDB supports them, GCSE tweeks that may fit stage 2 and
webizer/register coalescing pass.  The webizer worths about 1% speedup, so
perhaps we can merge it, so I will send patch in case I didn't already.

Honza