Re: gcc 3.1 and gdb 5.2?

dylan@q-games.com (Dylan Cuthbert)  wrote on 13.06.02 in <001c01c21274$fafdf990$2801a8c0@dcuthbert2k>:

> My next stop was going to be the gdb and cygwin lists, however, gcc is the
> more complicated and experimental of the other two and I wanted to see if
> anyone else was experiencing problems on other platforms too.

What a strange thing to say. From my experience, gcc on cygwin has been
stable just about forever, but gdb has a history of extreme instability on
cygnus. (The first gdb I used on cygwin had a tendency to crash on about
70% of all debugged-program crashes, and to not show any useful info on
about half the rest. Printf debugging was usually way faster. Or
reproducing the bug on Linux, of course. It's become way better, but I
still don't entirely trust that gdb.)

MfG Kai