Re: PCH merge: bootstrap failure, gengtype consumes all file descriptors

 > From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>
 >
 > On Jun 12, 2002, "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> wrote:
 >
 > > It should be easy to write an snprintf.c replacement in libiberty
 > > using a combination of vasprintf, strncpy, free.  Right?
 >
 > Except that vasprintf is not exactly as portable as one might wish.

What's not portable about the vasprintf.c in libiberty?

 > We might want to adopt Gary V. Vaughan's snprintfv (*) for that but,
 > well, it's a lot of code, so I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.
 >
 > (*) http://www.oranda.demon.co.uk/dist/

I think it's released under the GPL without any exceptions, so it
might not be appropriate for libiberty as a replacement for a system
function.  (I could be wrong.)

But you're right its a lot of code.  My snprintf.c is just a few
lines long.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Director of Systems Architecture
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Solutions