Re: is_predicate_p?

On Sun, 09 Jun 2002, Nathan Sidwell wrote:

> I'd vote for the _p convention. FWIW I used to use the is_ convention and
> found it more awkward. I think the reason may be that with predicates
> you are asking a question, and in english you'd use a ? at the end of the
> sentance. The is_foo form looks a little like an assertion. May be a
> spanish speaker would prefer the is_ convention (or even is_foo_p :-)

In spanish we surround questions around two markers: ¿?.  So, if
anything it looks even less like a question to us :)

I personally tend to use is_foo for adjectives (e.g.,
is_binary_expr) and foo_p for verbs (e.g., stmt_ends_bb_p).

We also have uses of _p for pointers.  If we are going to use a
new convention I would rather get rid of _p entirely.

Diego.