Using the DFA scheduler for a new VLIW port

Hi all,

I am writing a new gcc port for a 16-bit VLIW DSP and I am interested in
using the new DFA scheduler. I have two (possibly trivial) questions:

1) I plan on looking at how other ports use the DFA scheduler. Doing a
quick grep through the latest dfa-branch revision, it seems that only
the sh/pa/sparc ports currently use the DFA scheduler, but the web page
mentions IA64, Fujitsu, Pentium, Alpha and others. Where are the other
sources? In particular, I am after a good VLIW port.

2) My port is currently based upon gcc 3.1, but hasn't yet been
officially integrated into the gcc CVS. Would there be complications
associated with continuing my port using the dfa-branch, or should I
make an official contribution first?

Thanks,

Dan.

Daniel Towner
picoChip Designs Ltd., Riverside Buildings, 108, Walcot Street, BATH,
BA1 5BG
dant@picochip.com
07786 702589