Re: Convert 3.2 sources to ISO C90

law@redhat.com wrote:

> [...]  In fact we've received bug reports within
> the last couple weeks due to folks trying to build on HPs using the bundled
> compiler and running into cases where ANSI-isms have crept into the sources.

I think it's very telling that a) the ISOisms are quietly showing
up over and over, and that b) there is only a small group of HP
users that ever notice this.

Is there some reason not to provide GCC binaries for these HP
users?  Are these people on new or old machines?  Has anybody
talked to HP about hosting the GCC binaries?  Seems like a good
PR move to me; I'm sure HP doesn't want to be publicly known as
the sole reason for GCC using pre-ISO C, doesn't sound like the
sort of company developers would want to support.

Stan