Re: Do boehm-gc and libffi work on IRIX?

H.J.> I am trying to get boehm-gc and libffi to compile on Linux/mipsel. I
H.J.> managed to compile them. But "make check" failed immediately in
H.J.> boehm-gc. I took a look at the boehm-gc and libffi source. They seem
H.J.> to support Irix. But java is disabled for Irix by default and I
H.J.> couldn't find any indication that java ever worked on Irix. Can
H.J.> someone please tell me if java works on Irix?

Java works fine on some versions of Irix.  During the 3.1 release
cycle people tested it on Irix 6.5, and perhaps other versions too
(the gcj 3.1 status page doesn't mention any others, but I seem to
remember that some 5.x release was tested).

Java is disabled by default on Irix because there is some trick
required to get it to build.  Offhand I don't recall the details, but
I'm sure they are in the java list archives.

Tom