From: Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU>
To: Bill Trautman <Lhasadad@hotmail.com>, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Trying to Eliminate Warning Message
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:54:32 +1000

Clearly the warning can result in false positives.

On the other hand, the warning can be helpful sometimes -- it can help
the programmer to more quickly locate the cause of syntax errors.

One possibility would be to display the warning *only* if the file
being compiled contains other problems that result in compilation errors.
In that case, the benefit of the diagnostics would be much more likely
to outweigh the drawbacks of occaisional false positives.

However, I'm not volunteering to implement this...

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au> | "I have always known that the pursuit
The University of Melbourne | of excellence is a lethal habit"