This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Short Displacement Problems.
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 May 02 13:05:05 EDT
- Subject: Re: Short Displacement Problems.
Consider (stack:MODE slot) instead -- with slot being akin to a
pseudo-register number, and only one instance of any given stack RTX.
We could assign memory locations to these with just one linear scan
over the RTL to replace them with MEM expressions at the end.
The downside of this is that if the offset is too large for the access
to be a single insn (always the case in IA64, for example), you have to
be careful to do this replacement early enough to apply CSE and loop
optimization to those address computations.