Successful build of gcc-3.1 on powerpc-Apple-OS X 10.1.4

I successfully built and installed gcc 3.1 on an Apple G3 running OS X
(Darwin 5.4). Since I only need Objective C, I only installed C and
ObjC; Objective C works very well, I even managed to install
GNUstep. However, you have to know one thing: make bootstrap produces a
(working) Objective C runtime library, which is a GNU-runtime. If you call
the Objective C compiler without any options, it produces an object file
for the NeXT-runtime. This object file needs the original Apple
runtime library from /usr/lib. If you want to use the GNU-runtime, don't
forget to run the compiler whith gcc -fgnu-runtime
That's probably the reason why the tests don't work for Objective C. I can
send them anyway, if you want, but it would be much better to tune them to
use -fgnu-runtime - is that possible?
For the bootstrap of Objective C, you don't have to change the value
for 'limit stack', but for the test it's necessary.

$ ./config.guess
powerpc-apple-darwin5.4

$ gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/local/gcc31/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-apple-darwin5.4/3.1/specs
Configured with: /home/ceh/Projects/gcc-3.1/configure
--prefix=/usr/local/gcc31
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.1

Languages: C, ObjC

$ uname.exe -a
Darwin <HOSTNAME> 5.4 Darwin Kernel Version 5.4: Wed Apr 10
09:27:47 PDT 2002; root:xnu/xnu-201.19.3.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power
Macintosh powerpc