Re: 3.1 branch bootstrap fails on sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8

>    I just used bash for bootstraps from May 19 to May 23---how did this
>    get to be a "well-known failure" in that time?  (And I read the mail lists,
>    too; must have missed it ...)
>
> I can't even count on my two hands how many times this has been
> brought up just in the last two weeks.  It is undoubtedly "well
> known".

Let's see, I sent in /bin/sh-based testresults on May 18, May 17,
May 15, May 10, May 9 (which seems to be the most recent 3.1 test
I made, I can't *dedicate* this server to testing gcc), and so on
backward.  May 9 was my last 3.1 bootstrap attempt, so, yes, it's been
just barely two weeks since I had a successful 3.1 bootstrap using /bin/sh
(at least in my time zone, it's just 12:42AM...).

> I'm pretty sure the install documentation even talks about it.

And you're absolutely right, I guess in hundreds of gcc bootstraps over
the years I never hit it before.

Sorry for the noise.

Brad