Re: Duplicate data objects in shared libraries

> A good point, though we could handle this by decorating the RTTI name for
> S with the unnamed namespace qualifier.  I suppose this sort of thing is
> what leads people to want to remove internal linkage entirely.

We're clearly in the land of corner cases, but changing the RTTI name for
S would be an incompatible ABI change.

I'm not sure what to say here overall.

I guess my top-level opinion is that this is a good discussion, but that
we should keep it as a discussion -- rather than an implementation -- for
some time to come.  We should bring in other vendors too; if we do one
thing, and HP and IBM and Sun and EDG and so forth and so on do another,
that won't be good for people.

I guess I think we have bigger fish to fry than making RTLD_LOCAL work
with C++... :-)