Re: Ada.Characters.{Wide_}Latin_9 should be deleted

dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar) writes:

> I find it absurd to remove this functionality, when there are serious Ada
> users who requested it and use it.

There are people who use the Wide_Latin_9 package?  Oh my god!

> Indeed, the bizarre viewpoint here seems to be something like "you should not
> be using Latin-9,

My feelings towards the Latin_9 package are not equally as strong.

The problem of the Wide_Latin_9 package is that it implements
something which is *not* a standard *at* *all* (GNAT is probably the
only program which implements this), and is likely to cause all the
annoying interoperability problems Unicode intends to solve.