Re: gcc compile-time performance

The slowness of gcc when compiling is why I haven't been writing anything
using the gtkmm and gnomemm libraries (C++ gtk wrapper,
http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/ ).  It can take minutes to compile an
example program on my (old) 400MHz PII. The library has a lot of template
usage, so I suspect this is what causes the problems.

Some form of speed-up or precompiled header support would make gcc a
usuable platform for heavily-templated C++ code.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jss@ast.cam.ac.uk>   http://www-xray.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jss/
X-Ray Group, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK.