Re: Final GCC 3.1 Prerelease

Mark Mitchell wrote:

>The goal of this prerelease is to find packaging problems; please
>download, build, and install the tarballs and complain if you spot
>new problems.

I've successfully completed the following tests on both
s390-ibm-linux and s390x-ibm-linux:

 - bootstrap gcc (configure --enable-shared --enable-threads)
   [No Java and no Ada for now on our platform...]

 - install gcc

 - run gcc test suite (see gcc-testresults)

 - build glibc 2.2.5 with new gcc

 - run glibc test suite [*]

So far everything is looking good ...

In addition, we've sucessfully built a complete Linux distribution on a
2002-05-03 level, again both s390-ibm-linux and s390x-ibm-linux.
We'll try to re-do this on the latest level, but due to the effort
required this will probably not be completed before the release.

[*] With binutils 2.11.92.0.12.3 this shows two regressions due to
dso_handle not being hidden (as I reported already).  With binutils
2.12.90.0.4 it works as expected.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand
  Linux for S/390 Design & Development