Re: Final GCC 3.1 Prerelease

Scribbling feverishly on May 12, Mark Mitchell managed to emit:
> The (hopefully final) GCC 3.1 prerelease is now available
> in the "snapshots" directory on the ftp server; these are the files with
> "20020510" in their name.  (Yes, it is no longer that day anywhere
> on earth; there was a local network outage that kept the files from
> reaching the FTP server faster.)
>
> The goal of this prerelease is to find packaging problems; please
> download, build, and install the tarballs and complain if you spot
> new problems.
>
> I'll spin the final release in the next day or two; once it hits all
> the mirrors the announcement will go out.

Built and installed successfully on i686-pc-linux-gnu with:

$ ../gcc-3.1-20020510/configure \
	--enable-threads \
	--prefix=/usr/local/gcc31 \
	--srcdir=../gcc-3.1-20020510

Kurt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."