Re: Anyone got irix5? I have questions about your ctypeimplementation

> So for that reason and also for being able to specifically target
> pre-irix6.5, IMHO I prefer to solve it the way I originally did with
> libstdc++-v3 os_defines.h.

We're really just debating which evil is more evil.  There are lots of
evils
in both directions.

Your points are valid, but not strong enough to cause us to do something
different on IRIX, with respect to everything else.  And having programs
behave different due to whether or not a V3 header is included first is
a user-visible problem; maintenance issues are visible only to us.  So,
let's go with CPLUSPLUS_CPP_SPEC.

I hope that everyone will strongly encourage (and help!) V3 maintainers to
do the grungy work required to make the library play nicely with system
C libraries.  Then, all the evils can be eliminated.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC