This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR 6212
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 13:04:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: PR 6212
- References: <10205071802.AA28402@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 02:02:46PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Consider x[j].y. OFFSET is J*C and BITPOS is that for Y. TYPE here is
> that of field Y, but OFFSET's alignment corresponds to the type of X[J].
Are you suggesting that the outer object X[J] may have
smaller alignment than the inner object Y?
I don't know of a type system that allows that.