RE: Algol Front End

Op di 07-05-2002, om 02:23 schreef Scott Robert Ladd:
> A Fortran 95 project already exists, although it seems a bit moribund at the
> moment:
>
> http://g95.sourceforge.net/

It's still alive and kicking. It just seems that Andy Vaught has other
preoccupations right now, but I'm working on it almost every day, and so
are a handful other people. The parser mostly works, and right now we're
looking at how to interface with the back-end.

If you're interested in helping, you're welcome! We still have a few big
projects (most notably the runtime libraries and a scalarizer).

> As for other languages, I would be most interested in Modula-2, given that I
> used that language extensively back in the 1980s. I know it had some
> popularity in certain circles, especially in Europe.

It already exists, but I'm not sure how well it works.

http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/Glamorgan/gaius/web/GNUModula2.html

Greetz
Steven