Re: Anyone got irix5? I have questions about your ctype implementation

 > From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>
 >
 > On May  6, 2002, "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> wrote:
 >
 > >> From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com>

 > >> I believe Eric Christopher and I came up with a solution for this one,
 > >> that's already in, AFAIK.  Do you still observe the problem?
 >
 > > Yes I still see it.  A checkout of the 3.1 branch from this evening
 > > still has the failure.
 >
 > Starting with a clean mips-sgi-irix6.2/mabi=64/config.cache and
 > without mips-sgi-irix6.2/{,*/}libf2c?

Yes, totally clean.

 > > It occurs in the -mabi=64 multilib when creating libg2c.
 >
 > > Using  `file' I verified all of the .o files are 64-bit.  So its
 > > probably complaining about the "ld -n32 -64" mixture.
 >
 > Yup, this is exactly the problem that the patch addressed.  MAKE was
 > passing down an incorrect value for LD, because LD was not present in
 > FLAGS_TO_PASS.

Well, I'm still having the problem.  (Before you ask, I'm using gnu
make-3.78.1.)

My "spidey sense" is telling me it might be related to the fact that I
set CC='cc -n32' before bootstrapping as per the instructions in
install.texi for irix6.  At least, that's the only place I hardcode
adding in -n32.

Are there any values out of config.* that would help if you saw?
(Specify which dir to pull the file of interest from.)  Anything else
I can check?

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Director of Systems Architecture
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Qwest Global Services