GCC 3.1 Release

We are nearing the end of the GCC 3.1 release cycle.  There are just
a couple of high-priority PRs outstanding.  We will fix them, and then
ship the release.

Therefore, as of now, I will be accepting *no* patches that do not fix
regressions.  If you want me to approve a patch for GCC 3.1, please tell
me that you know that it fixes an actual regression.

Otherwise, I will not accept the patch, even if it is trivial, obvious,
safe, and you have a note from your mother. :-)

I apologize for the delays in the release.  We've needed them in order
to get the quality up, but that reflects that we let the mainline get
too shoddy.  It also means that we started doing serious testing
too late.  Let's do better in GCC 3.2.

Thanks,