Re: DFA for PPro, P2, P3

>  > The thing you may describe well using DFA and not using old scheme are the
>  > decoders - ie PentiumPro has 3 decoders, where decoder 0 is able to decode
>  > more than others so you need to order the triples of instructions issued
>  > same cycle accordingly.
> Yes, there's multiple ways we can approach this -- either by having a cpu
> unit for each decoder or using the VLIW packing capabilities.  It's unclear
> to me which will best best.
I modeled each decoder as unit (well, pentium has just two of them) and then
used presence set to ensure that pentium u unit is fed before pentium v unit.
This works quite naturally for me.  The nonpairable instructions simply
allocate both units.  I guess pentiumpro can use same scheme, just with
three units.  Is there some better alternative?

This reminds me, that I should post the patch, give me some time to dig it
out, I've just returned from a trip.

Honza