RE: bootstrap problem on sparc-sun-solaris2.7: libtool configure failed

Joe Buck wrote:

> updating cache ../config.cache
> configure: error: libtool configure failed

This problem came up last year:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-04/threads.html#00423

(Please excuse my old muddled posts.) I think it's a bug in Sun's
/bin/sh - you get exactly the same behaviour on i686-pc-solaris2.7.

I thought someone put a workaround in place to use another shell (one of
the kshes?) instead of /bin/sh when building on Solaris2.7 - and it
certainly worked for a while - but I can't find any reference to that
now. Sorry.

The problem is that the step that executes the cache file causes the
shell to die. If you adding debug echoes before or after that step, it
executes OK (!). It's probably a very well hidden bug.

Rup.