Re: GCC 3.1 Prerelease

At 13:13 23.04.2002, Alan Modra wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 01:04:39PM +0200, Franz Sirl wrote:

> > >I've been using this, which at least cures the problem with
> > >__register_frame_info*.  Credit for the patch goes to Franz Sirl.
> >
> > Hmm, have you tried recompiling glibc with this patch? I seem to recall
> > glibc using constructs that would produce an error now.
>
>I've been compiling a glibc snapshot with a last ChangeLog entry of
>2002-01-18  Andreas Schwab  <schwab@suse.de>

OK, try compiling glibc with the attached patch, it should give you some
warnings :-).

What do you all think about this patch? It covers all the cases I could
think of, but maybe I missed something. Please take a close look at my
changes to declare_weak, I'm not too sure my DECL checking is 100%
correct/allowed. Can someone think of a better warning message? And what
about a merge_weak() function (naming? in which file?) instead of
duplicating the code?

The testcases are planned for the dg framework, but I haven't added all the
dg funkiness yet :-).

Franz.