Re: GCC 3.1 Prerelease

> I do this out of courtesy to the Java people, not because
> I don't know what my global write privileges afford me.

:-)

> Indeed, it is a privilege not a right, and being conscientious
> is a part of retaining that privilege.

Certainly true; you perhaps interpreted my comment too seriously.  We
certainly do not want to stomp over one-another's areas of expertise.

It's fine to wait for Per/Alexandre to approve the patch

On the other hand, Tom is an experienced contributor both for Java
and in general; if there's something risky about -P, I'm confident he'd
have noticed it and/or warner about it, and I'm confident that we
can easily change -P to something else, so it's not like it's very
risky to have the patch in the tree.

Tom, use your best judgement.  It's OK to check it in.  If you don't
want to, that's OK too.