Re: unrecognizable insn (with ccppc compiler)

> From: Shah Amit-ASHAH3 <amitshah@motorola.com>
> To: "'gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org'" <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>,
>         "'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'"
> 	 <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>

Pick just one address to send to.

> Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:14:59 -0500

> I am tying to compile an application (Xerces XML Parser) and I
> always see the following. I am using the Tornado2 (ccppc compiler)
> for the OS vxWorks (by Windriver systems). What is meant by
> "unrecognizable insn"? (see below : "DTDValidator2.cpp:1302:
> internal error--unrecognizable insn:") The code looks clean and also
> compiles with VC++. It seems like this is a compiler issue and I am
> not using some glags correctly. Can someone shed some light?

Probably a compiler bug.

As to what is meant by unrecognizable insn, well it is an internal
consistency check in the compiler that failed, and it means that there
is a bug in the compiler.  While compiling, the compiler generated
that instruction, and there isn't any such instruction in the machine
description file.

There is a book that describes this in more detail at
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.0.4/gcc.html.