Re: [AST-optimizer-branch] Double chaining statements (proposal)

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 01:06:30PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> However, for loop optimizations, I could see this as being useful.
>
> I vaguely remember this being a pain in the ass while working on loop
> optimizations for tree ssa.
>
> We also already have routines to insert before a given
> tree, like insert_stmt_tree_before.
>
> The only thing adding the prev pointer would do therefore, is make them
> faster, and a little less code.

That is why I began to rewrite the goto elimination since it needs to
keep a pointer to the previous stmt, or otherwise to search again the
the previous stmt, but that is compile time consuming...

It becomes even harder to deal with previous pointers if you add
new statements.

Seb