Re: -R gcc option?

Anthony Green wrote:
> I can understand -R, but gcc's existing -R option really needs to be
> documented somewhere (or am I just not seeing it?).

It's not a standard option, I think.

> I don't think I agree about -D.  I don't see how it can conflict with
> the C/C++ version of -D.

Not directly, though it may cause some problems with some Makefile -
for example libtool ones.  (But the solution there is probably to
fix libtool.)

> It's also compatible with javac, no?

It's compatible with java.  javac does not take -D flags.
Thus gij has to take -D flags, but it was a debatable design
decision as to whether gcj should take -D the way it does.  But
now it does and I don't see any strong enough reason to change it.
--
	--Per Bothner