Re: Propose PR 6160 as high priority

    dino01% gnatgcc --verbose -x ada /dev/null

    Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib//i386-redhat-linux/2.8.1/specs

This looks *very* suspicious: this is a 2.8.1-based GCC, but your GNATBIND
acts like it was built from a 3.1-based GCC.  So it's not surprising they
might be incompatible.

I think the real problem here is that configure should only try GNAT as "gcc",
not "gnatgcc".  None of the versions of GNAT distributed by ACT (either
public or customer versions) have ever called themselves "gnatgcc".  I have
no idea whether or not whoever put together those versions have tested
them by bootstrapping GNAT sources.

I was against allowing "gnatgcc" originally but was outvoted.  I again think
we should eliminate that option: all it seems to do is cause problems.