Re: problems building cross-compiler for sparc-sun-solaris on x86

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 02:11:35PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> In the past I have managed to get a cross binutils and gcc built
> like this but some of the programs I have tried to build end
> up not linking because they can't find some of the dynamic loading
> symbols.  Has anyone extensively used a GNU/Linux->Solaris Sparc
> cross compiler?

How extensive is "extensively?" I built a cross compiler hosted
on Solaris Sparc to Linux/PPC on Linux/x86. BTW, I don't think
you can build a cross compiler to Solaris without some changes
since gcc has /usr/xxx/xxx hardcoded for Solaris. I posted a patch
a long time ago. You may find it in the gcc mailing list archive.

H.J.