Re: 3.1 bootstrap failure in libffi on sparc-sun-solaris2.8

On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, David S. Miller wrote:
>    > .eh_frame section in both v8.S and v9.S should be dependent on
>    > target wordsize, or only one of v8.S and v9.S should be always
>    > compiled in
>
>    OK, so did I do something wrong with the configure or make
>    bootstrap commands?  Or do you need more information in order to be
>    able to fix this?
>
> Jakub is telling the person who added the DWARF2 unwind info to these
> two assembler files what they need to fix.

That would be me.  Sorry for the breakage.  (I'm making a mental note to
test with Sun as/ld as well as binutils next time.)

The patch looks ok (thanks Jakub) but I'm wondering if we really need to
bother with v8.S for the 64-bit runtime.  Would it ever be used?
Omitting it might be the simplest thing to do.

Jeff