Re: Why doesn't -fomit-frame-pointer work(very well)?

I *have* to make sure I have enough caffeine before I post :-)

>>> Is there anything else that I'm missing?
>>
>>- Changing FIRST_PSEUDO_REGISTER causes an ABI change
>>in libgcc, unless DWARF_FRAME_REGISTERS is defined ...
>
>I only see DWARF_FRAME_REGSITERS in i386.h and rs6000.h, and no
>documentation on what DWARF_FRAME_REGSITERS should be defined as.
>For the moment I'll define it to be what FIRST_PSEUDO_REGISTER *was*.

That should be DWARF_FRAME_REGISTERS.

>>- If you are using REG_ALLOC_ORDER, make sure that *all*
>>hard registers are listed, or else you'll get rare and
>>hard to reproduce reload failures ...
>
>Since the two register I'm adding are virtual, then that should change
>REG_ALLOC_ORDER since thoser oare *physical* registers...

I was trying to say "Since the two registers I'm adding are virtual,
then that should *not* change REG_ALLOC_ORDER since REG_ALLOC_ORDER
deals with physical registers, not virtual.

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)